AI is already being used in many Life Science applications, meanwhile Health Authorities are looking to regulate the use of AI. As a regulatory affair professional, it is essential to have an understanding of this technology.
In this general introduction to the field of AI, different uses of the term “Artificial Intelligence” will be discussed, and which might be desirable in a given context.
This program will touch on a number of questions that are likely to be raised by those new to the topic, such as:
- If we feed the same query to an AI, will it always give us the same answer?
- Given the same input data, can we follow the steps that lead to an AI’s conclusions?
- What are the implications of bad input data?
In the context of regulatory affairs, transparency, clarity, and reliability are paramount, and the answers to these questions are not always universal, clear, or even (as this is such a quickly-evolving field) necessarily fixed.
Key Learning Objectives
- The introduction to the foundations of AI in a non-technical approach
- Exploring of different uses of the term “Artificial Intelligence”
- Common applications/use cases currently applied in Life Sciences