Helping you find a flexible solution that meets your needs
Settling on a text comparison solution that does not require you to change your existing processes can be a daunting task, but we are here to help! We’ve outlined 13 questions for you to ask before making your final choice.
Questions to ask yourself:
1. What kind of documents do you need to be inspecting? Do these include images/graphics?
2. What file formats do you need to compare?
3. Will you need to compare more than 2 files at the same time?
4. How many users will need access to the solution?
5. Are these users located in the same office or across multiple locations?
6. Do you want to manage the system yourself? Do you have IT resources to allocate?
7. Would you prefer to buy or rent the solution?
Questions to ask the vendor:
8. Is validation offered?
9. How does their solution maintain data integrity₁? Ensuring compliance is key!
10. What type of training is offered? Training is the best way to get the most out of your solution.
11. What type of after sales support is offered?
12. Can you get a free trial? Before committing to a solution, ask for a free trial. This will give you the freedom to test the system with your documents. If the vendor is unwilling to do this or asks you to pay something upfront, run away! Would you pay to test-drive a car?
13. Ask for a list of clients who use the exact solution you are evaluating, and then ask for the contact details of one or two you would like to talk to. Be sure to ask questions about the solution as well as their relationship with the vendor.
A few last tips:
Don’t assume anything, ask the vendor. Vendors can’t put everything on their websites. If you want to know specific things it’s always better to ask them directly.
For models like SaaS/Cloud/Web-Based no IT resources will be needed and the cost is minimal, so this is by far the easiest and fastest to get approved internally.
We hope this list will help you in your search for the text comparison solution that suits your needs.